At the Dukem Ethiopian Restaurant
11141118 U St & 12th St NW; phone: 202-667-8735
Peace Corps writer Tony D’Souza (Cote D’Ivoire 200002, Madagascar 200203) author of the highly regarded new novel Whiteman will read, take questions and sign books at
Candida's World of Books
1541 14th Street, NW; phone: 202-667-4811
- Ethiopia IV and Ethiopia VII mini-reunions
Specifics to come.
- 9:00 a.m. 12 noon
Updates about current happenings in Ethiopia and Eritrea
- 12:00 noon 2:00 p.m.
Lunch on your own or NPCA luncheon at Embassy of Ghana
- 2:00 p.m. 5:30 p.m.
Group business, news about RPCV Legacy Program projects, collection of your stories: " What impact has Peace Corps had on your life?"
- 6:00 p.m.
Dinner and silent auction
At the home of Barry and Nga Hillenbrand
3344 Upland Terrace, NW
$20 for food, beer and wine
- Ethiopia I mini-reunion
An outing to Georgetown University to visit our training site.
37th and O Street NW.
Meet at the front gate at 10.
From the Hotel Harrington to the Dukem Ethiopian Restaurant (1.5 miles)
- Start on 11TH Street NW (at 11TH ST NW & E Street NW) go north toward F Street NW - go 1.4 mi to U Street
- Turn Left on U Street NW - go < 0.1 mi
- Arrive at 1118 U Street NW on the Left
From the Dukem Ethiopian Restaurant to Candida's World of Books (0.7 miles)
- Start at 1118 U Street NW, go west toward 12TH Street NW - go 0.2 mi
- Turn Left on 14TH Street NW - go 0.4 mi
- Arrive at 1541 14TH ST NW.
From Candida's World of Books to the Hotel Harrington (1.2 miles)
- Start at 1541 14TH Street NW go south toward Church Street NW - go 0.3 mi
- Turn Left on Massachusetts Ave NW at Thomas Circle NW - go 0.4 mi
- Turn Right on 11TH ST NW - go 0.5 mi
- Arrive at 11TH Street NW AT E Street NW.